2023 Races at Talladega
- GEICO 500, April 23rd
- YellaWood 500, October 1st
Talladega History & Location
What are the best seats at Talladega Superspeedway? To figure out the best seats for you, first learn a little about the history of this famous NASCAR track.
Talladega Superspeedway is located north of Talladega, Alabama on Speedway Boulevard, which runs along Interstate 20. The Superspeedway is 40 miles north of Birmingham and 95 miles west of Atlanta. First built in 1969, the property covers 3,000 acres featuring 247 acres of infield.
The track is a Tri-Oval and was constructed by International Speedway Corporation. Talladega is most known for its 33 degree banking in turns 1-2 and 3-4 and the unique location of the start/finish line – which is closer to turn one than at Daytona. Talladega Superspeedway is the longest NASCAR oval with a length of 2.66 miles, and the track has variable seating capacity from 80,000 to 175,000 spectators.
We know that nothing is more important than getting yourself to the Raceway so you can experience a race live and in person! Something special happens to the soul of a NASCAR fan when the engines turn on and the green flag waives! The Experts at Fandeavor have the skinny on the best seats for your budget!
About Tower and Grandstand Seats at Talladega Superspeedway
At Talladega, Grandstand sections are located below Towers. Grandstands get you closer to the track and the action while Towers give you a better view of the whole track. Many named sections have both Tower and Grandstand seats. For example, O.V. Hill South Tower and O.V. South Grandstand– so make sure you are selecting the right tower or grandstand section for your experience.
For those fans looking for the ultimate VIP experience, the Fan Suites are a must. Located midway up the grandstands, the Fan Suites are the prefect place to watch the race and enjoy VIP treatment.
- Climate-control environment with Flat-screen TVs
- Unlimited food and beverage, including water, soda, beer and wine. Cash bar available for cocktails
- Catered breakfast, buffet lunch, and and afternoon hors d’oeuvres- Pre-Race Pit Pass allowing access to pit road on Sunday
- VIP Parking Pass (Per 2 Suite Passes)
- Event souvenirs and program
- Are there cons to sitting in a suite? If so, we’re not sure what they are.
Tri-Oval Tower Seat
Tri-Oval Tower seating at Talladega SuperSpeedway provides the best view of the track for the ultimate racing experience. It’s an elevated grandstand, so even the first row provides for an excellent seat. These seats are the closest to the start / finish line, and with how close some of the finishes are at this track, this is vital at Talladega!
- Highest vantage points available
- Closest to Start / Finish
- Elevator access
- You’re exposed to the elements on a hot or wet day
OV Hill North, Anniston and Lincoln
Seats in these three grandstands provide great vantage points of all the action, at a price that won’t break the bank. In addition, OV Hill North and Anniston towers provide spectators with the best view of pit road.
- Great view of the pit road. See the cars come around turn 4 heading for the checkered flag!
- Smell, hear and the action up close, without being too close
- Not under an overhang for shade and protection from rain
OV Hill South, Birmingham and Moss-Thornton
Sets in these three grandstands provide good value with great views of all the action. In addition, Moss-Thornton Tower is right on the Start-Finish line.
- Great view of start/finish line. See the cars come to the line for the checked flag!
Lincoln and Anniston Grandstand Seating
For the cheapest ticket, check out any of these Grandstand Seats. These seats are usually half the price of the premium tower seats. Located on the lower half of the seating area, these seats are good because of the view they provide for cars coming around turns and heading into pit road, but there is a slight obstruction of view of the back of the track. The top row of this section is your best bet to get the most bang for your buck.
- See a lot of action as the drivers enter pit road and come barreling around turns
- Cheapest seats at the track
- YOU ARE AT THE RACE!
- Lower seating sections have obstructed views of the back of the track
Your Best Seats at Talladega Superspeedway
So what is your favorite seat at Talladega? Share your favorites and photos with us on social media. We love seeing fans in the stands!