The NFL is giving the Pro-Bowl a major face-lift by discarding the AFC vs. NFC format and introducing team captains that will pick 43 players per team regardless of conference.
Here is a list of some more major changes:
- As a safety measure kickoffs will be eliminated
- Ball will be placed at the 25-yeard line at the start of the game and after scoring
- A coin toss will determine opening possession
- In addition to the traditional two-minute warnings in the 2nd and 4th quarter, a two-minute warning will be added to the 1st and 3rd quarter
- Possession will change hands after each quarter
- Defenses are now allowed to play Cover 2 and press coverage
- Two-minute warning clock changes: the clock will stop if the offense doesn’t gain at least one yard
- The clock will also start after an incomplete pass with a signal from the game referee except during the two-minute warnings and the final five minutes
- The game will change to a 35-second/25-second play clock and will discard the traditional 40-second/25-second clock
- The game clock will not stop if the quarterback gets sacked. Only during the final two minutes.
How do you feel about the new Pro Bowl changes? Cast your vote with our Wedgie!